USA Today Small Business columnist Gladys Edmunds gave some great tips for keeping your home-based business on track. They may seem obvious but as someone who works from home, I know how easy it is to get distracted by household activity, get cabin fever and feel isolated or forget to delegate.
Her five main points were:
- Select a designated space in your home for your business.
- Make and keep a work schedule.
- Get out of the house daily.
- Don’t try to do everything yourself.
- Build a network of supportive entrepreneurs.
Read the whole article here: http://usat.ly/eJcRLu
Gladys Edmunds’ Entrepreneurial Tightrope column appears Wednesdays. As a single, teen-age mom, Gladys made money doing laundry, cooking dinners for taxi drivers and selling fire extinguishers and Bibles door-to-door. Today, Edmunds, founder of Edmunds Travel Consultants in Pittsburgh, is a private coach/consultant in business development and author of There’s No Business Like Your Own Business, published by Viking.Lets Connect